If you told a friend about one of the shows or concerts you saw at Boston Court…
If you made a donation…
We say thank you for helping make 2010 our best year yet.
Our community of friends and supporters are the reason we exist. You are the reason we love what we do.
2010 In Review:
• 4 World Premiere Productions
• 17 Ovation Award Nominations – more than any other theatre, small OR large – including nominations for “Best Production” (Oedipus el Rey) and “Best Season.”
• 4 O! Ovation Recommended Shows.
• 4 Extended Shows. Due to popular demand we were able to extend each production this season.
• 1 foray into the “New York International Fringe Festival” with The Twentieth-Century Way, winning Overall Excellence of Production of a Play.
• 15 Music at the Court performances – including Grammy-winning artists Hila Plitmann and Bill Cunliffe.
• 16 free performances of local artists as part of Pasadena’s annual “ArtTalk.”
• 8 Illuminations Panels featuring experts discussing topics as varied as “The Art of Typography” and “California Recidivism Rates.”
• 10 Talkback discussions with actors, writers, directors and musicians.
• 8 public readings of new plays during two cycles of “PLAY/ground,” Boston Court’s new works festival.
• 2 Spoken Word/Poetry events co-presented with Red Hen Press.
• 50 pizzas, 400 bottles of beer and countless glasses of wine consumed in our lobby after performances.
• Multiple grants: from the prestigious Harold & Mimi Steinberg Charitable Trust for developing new plays, from Los Angeles County, City of Pasadena, National New Play Network, Pasadena Arts League.
• 1 Wedding on our Main Stage!
It was a tremendous year. Thank you for being part of it. We look forward to seeing you in 2011.